Thursday, October 25, 2012

Autumn Colours

Some of you may be wondering where I've been.  Well, I took a 6-month hiatus as the demands on my interior design business as well as a trip to France in June left absolutely no time to blog.  But I'm back and with the help of the rest of the Tobi Brockway Interiors team, I plan to provide you with design insights and practical tips on a regular basis.  And you'll also see the occasional photo and story that relates to architecture or design from one of my travel adventures.  

As I see all the fall colours around me, I'm inspired to look at the colour trends that are forecast for the coming year.  Earthy neutrals will remain a staple this year.  And grey continues to be dominant among these neutrals.  I've selected warm greys for 80% of my clients' living rooms in the past 6 months.  Benjamin Moore OC-49 titanium has been a favourite.

 

Bright colours reminiscent of fall foliage, such as citron yellow, tangerine orange and deep fuchsia will provide great accents in any room.  



Additionally, you can expect to see the introduction of brilliant jewel tones into many designs.  Emerald green, honey gold, deep teal, poppy red and varying shades of violet will be used in accent pieces throughout.  



3 comments:

  1. Interesting insights on the colours for 2013, Tobi. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flo Bernstein10/27/2012

    Tobi, it has been a pleasure to work with you on our kitchen project. Your patience and
    understanding, your expertise and design know-how is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jessica chaikowsky10/28/2012

    Great insight, Tobi. So happy to hear orange isn't going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!